Material HandlerAkron, Ohio
The Material Handler is responsible for loading, unloading and moving shipments throughout the production areas. Tracking inventory, shortages, overages and damaged orders.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Able to pass on site written and driving tow motor test.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Candidates must successfully complete criminal and motor vehicle background check and pre-employment drug screening.
- Able to function capably in a production environment using standard equipment
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Frequently lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to complete production-related physical activities (walking, standing, talking, hearing, pushing, reaching, seeing, stooping/crouching, smelling, depth perception, identifying colors) as needed.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to produce.
- Participate in required company safety programs, trainings and PPE guidelines.
- Maintain material handling equipment by completing pre-use inspections; making operator repairs.
- Unload and load trucks moving parts and pallets.
- Receive materials and document: units, discrepancies, and damages along with location of items.
- Prepare finished stock for shipments by identifying, pulling, packing, crating, loading and securing product.
- Maintain in-process inventory at work centers by delivering and opening materials and supplies.
- Locate materials and supplies by pulling and verifying materials and supplies listed on production orders and/or as requested from the Production Supervisors.
- Maintain inventory by identifying, labeling, and placing material and supplies in stock; recording location of inventory.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Always comply with Driverge’s Core Values (LOVE IT).
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and an ability to deal with complex and conditional situations.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
Or Download Application and email to .